PMI® Honolulu Hawaii Chapter Professional Development Day
“Leading Organizations with the End in Mind”
Thursday, September 3, 2015 at Ala Moana Hotel
The next in our series of successful Breakfast Roundtables will be held Wednesday, September 9th.
TOPIC: Projects in Education: Project-based learning
Facilitator: Larry Rowland Ed.D, PMP
Time: 7am - 8am
Date: Wednesday September 9, 2015
Place: Zippy's Vineyard, 59 N. Vineyard Blvd., Honolulu, HI 96817 Map
Earn 1 PDU by attending!
This month's topic:
Schools and universities strive to develop and offer innovative programs, which anticipate the changing needs of the community, and prepare our graduates to live, work, and learn as active members of a global society. One of the ways in which we can prepare students to be profession-ready is to integrate project-based learning into our curriculums. Come learn how project-based learning is being implemented, where it can go in the future, and how school/business partnerships can be a part of project-based learning.
How to Effectively Work with a Business Analyst
WATCH ON OLELO Channel 53:
- Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2015 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Hawaii Time
- Sunday, Sept. 13, 2015 12 noon - 1:00 pm Hawaii Time
- Sunday, Sept. 20, 2015 12 noon - 1:00 pm Hawaii Time
- Sunday, Sept. 27, 2015 12 noon - 1:00 pm Hawaii Time
- Sunday, Oct 4, 2015 12 noon - 1:00 pm Hawaii Time
- Sunday, Oct 11, 2015 12 noon - 1:00 pm Hawaii Time
Speaker: 2014 PDD* Speaker: Jamie Champagne, PMP, CBAP
Synopsis: PMI reported that the primary reasons projects fail are due to inaccurate requirements and poor requirements management practices. Did you know those are two of the primary responsibilities of a business analyst (BA)? But where does your role as PM stop and the BA’s begins? In this session we will explore best practices for working with business analysts coupled with real-world examples and lessons learned.
- Clarification of the different roles of a PM and a BA
- Questions to ask
- Issues and pitfalls to avoid
- Ideas on how to garner success without an official BA assigned to your project
*PDD = Professional Development Day
A PDU earning opportunity!
More about Ms. Champagne and about PMI Honolulu presentations on Olelo...