If you missed the luncheon, here's your chance to see the materials presented at the March 18 2015 General Membership meeting.
Speaker: Steve & Greta Blash, PMP, Senior Consultants, Facilitated Methods
Synopsis: What is a PMBA?
With the introduction of the new Business Analysis certification (PMI-PBA) from PMI, the differentiation of the roles of a project manager and the business analysis often arises. This presentation looks at the project effort from the two roles of PM and BA, and address where they overlap and where they are complimentary.
There are additional tools and techniques that the BA brings to help with the collection of requirements, as well as the verification and validation of the project objectives. The way that these can be incorporated into the project planning and monitoring and controlling processes as identified in the PMBOK Guide is included in this presentation.
Click the READ MORE below for more information about Steve & Greta Blash and to view the slides.
The Chaos of Leadership (and the Leadership of Chaos)
WATCH ON OLELO Channel 53:
- Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Hawaii Time
- Sunday, April 12, 2015 12 noon - 1:00 pm Hawaii Time
- Sunday, April 19, 2015 12 noon - 1:00 pm Hawaii Time
- Sunday, April 26, 2015 12 noon - 1:00 pm Hawaii Time
- Sunday, May 3, 2015 12 noon - 1:00 pm Hawaii Time
- Sunday, May 10, 2015 12 noon - 1:00 pm Hawaii Time
Speaker: 2014 PDD* Featured Keynote: Scotty Bevill, CEO/Founder of Bevill Edge Consulting, LLC, PMP, PMI-ACP
Synopsis: Our world suffers from terminal normality. Notice the mediocrity around you and ask yourself “Is this really what I want?”. Our world also suffers from too much false expertise, wrong answers, manipulative influence and bad advice.
In this chaos we are taught to make our way to be a success! Focused on paying attention to right and wrong. And we get skewered. Frequently. We’re told to lead, that leadership is influence, but those in power, i.e., The Leaders, are notoriously poor at more than they admit. So, we ask: How do you know? How do you gain perspective? How do you think for yourself and then lead yourself and others with confidence? Indeed, how do you organize and lead chaos itself? With more than 20+ years of leadership study, Scotty challenges you today to explore leadership in 5 deceptively simple words they use as guideposts everyday: Intention, Integration, Awareness, Confront, and Contribution..
*PDD = Professional Development Day
A PDU earning opportunity!
More about Mr. Bevill, and about PMI Honolulu presentations on Olelo...
- 2015-05-13 Olelo Community Media in May/Jun - PMI Honolulu Presentations
- 2015-06-10 Olelo Community Media in Jun/Jul - PMI Honolulu Presentations
- 2015-09-03 Professional Development Day - Save the Date
- Become a Sponsor for a PMP Exam Prep Course
- The Laulima Tech Challenge 2015 and PMI Honolulu Hawaii Chapter